Windywillow

Friday, November 26, 2010

My hawthorn wish faerie

Do you believe in faeries?

Growing in my Windywillow garden, is a rescued hawthorn tree, which I replanted here 6 years ago. I knew that hawthorns had resident wish-faeries, so one day last year, I went out and tied a green ribbon onto hawthorn's branch, and wished for a better financial situation.

Soon after, I thought it would be fun to make a cross-stitch of my hawthorn tree and his wish-faerie, Elfleda. But on the stitching, I tied a yellow ribbon, symbolising friendship and happiness. I called the stitching "Hawthorn Wish-Fae" and hung it on my wall.

I then became involved in a little Facebook game called Fairyland, where it's easy to chat and become friends with other lovers of faeries. I named my garden "Embroidery", inspired by my stitchings, and my faerie was called Elfleda.
My friends and I made up stories and involved each other in make-believe parties and adventures.
Seemed that my little hawthorn faerie was coming to life.

A little while later, I decided to write and illustrate our story starring Elfleda and my friends' faeries. It's a long ongoing project, which I hope to finish soon.
Here's the first page, finished. And a later page, still in progress, celebrating the winter festival season:

And thus, my wish.. remember my wish of a better financial situation?.. might just become true one day, if I succeed in publishing this book.

Is there truly a wish-tree faerie quietly urging me on? Or is it all a big coincidence? I like to think there are magical powers of nature at work in our world.

Elfleda smiles at me from the highest branches of her hawthorn.
I smile back :)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Vicky said...

Ahh-- I have two baby hawthornes growing in my yard. I didn't know about their resident wish-fairies! I may have to put those ladies to work! : )

Beautiful, beautiful embroidery work, by the way. Just lovely!

December 02, 2010 3:17 pm  
Anonymous Gambar Baju Kodok Wanita 2015 said...

Right here is the perfect website for everyone who wants to understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful

March 19, 2015 6:00 am  
Blogger Floyd Weise said...

Hi, I'm Floyd Weise, a blogger, and writer. In a recent post on my profile, I mentioned fake description generators. A profile like this can be very useful for creating fake data for any reason. In addition to identity names, addresses, and social media account details, we provide a range of other information. This profile will certainly help you in the future if you visit it. Fake Information Generator

June 28, 2021 8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home