Windywillow

Monday, June 26, 2006

Glorious Poppies

Glorious oriental poppies! I had one growing in a pot at the old house. When I transfered it to this new garden, it looked like it was going to die. But it did survive, and scattered its seeds all over. I have several of these wonderful volunteers all through my front garden now.

Tree lupins and sweet rocket. I planted these from seed, to try and hide the wall, which I didn't like looking at. They look fantastic this year, and were tall enough to cover the wall!

Pansy and violas.
The pansy is called "Fancy Cat"
So pretty with all those little sripes on a happy yellow color.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebsie Fairholm said...

Those poppies are just gorgeous ... and what lovely light you've managed to catch shining through them!

Seeing the huge patch of bare earth you started with I think you're doing an amazing job with your garden. I did once start a garden from scratch like that, but mine was much, much smaller. It takes a lot of patience and faith to create a garden out of nothing.

So keep at it, and keep blogging it!

June 27, 2006 3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home