Windywillow

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Scintillation

I have been taking pictures of these roses, Scintillation, for several days, not satisfied with any of the results till yesterday evening. The sun was setting and casting back light through thier petals, and the roses lived up to thier name!
I had this rose at the front of the path into the meadow, climbing up a cheap rose arch. The arch collapsed after one year, dinky thing that it was. Last winter I moved the bush into the meadow itself, as this rose is meant to grow quite wide.

Violas again... I just adore them! There are some nice colors appearing. They are even growing out of the tarmac! The blueish ones in the center of this pic have been blooming since mid winter in my herb garden, where they had self seeded themselves. I left them there, thinking.. well, violas are edible. So here they grow with the oregano.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love violas too. I have one featured on my title page. Loved your collage of violas.

July 26, 2006 1:00 am  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

A girl to my own heart, i have lots of violas.Im selecting the best colours from the self seeded ones.I have yellows, whites, purples from dark to light, a plum coloured viola, a burgudy viola.The last two have never been grown by me so i dont know where they came from.Serendipity...

July 27, 2006 12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home