Windywillow

Friday, October 13, 2006

Cool days, October blooms

There are still a lot of flowers blooming in the cooler weather...Cyclamen, a pretty spotted one, it smells lovely!

Beautiful anemone, they were just leaves in a pot earlier in the year, my neighbor was throwing it away, so I rescued it. Isn't it just so pretty?

Lupin arboreus is blooming again. I think it likes the cool weather. It's a beauty, a giant evergreen bush.

Verbena, some free seeds that came with a garden magazine.

And wild poppies are still blooming here and there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

They are all beautiful flowers Silvia! I love the Verbena bonariensis, have had it for the first time this year but it will definitly not be for the last time!

October 13, 2006 11:31 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Oh, I am surprised about the wild poppies, I've never seen them here at this time of the year. I love those anemonas and cyclamen.

October 13, 2006 11:41 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Hi Carol and Anita!
The poppies.. they have sown themselves earlier in the year from the first flowering, and are now just starting to bloom. I let the seed fall where it likes, I love the poppies a lot.

October 13, 2006 2:53 pm  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Gorgeous Verbaena.I could not get any to grow last time i tried.The poppies are cool too..

October 14, 2006 2:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home