Windywillow

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Faeries Steal the Gold Braid

"We the Faeries, blithe and antic, Of dimentions not gigantic,
Though the moonshine mostly keep us, Oft in orchards frisk and peep us."
...Thomas Randolph

Trouble! Faeries create havoc in the garden!
This past summer, on Daughter of the Soil's blog, she wrote about faeries stealing the gold tread she marked certain plants with. I loved the image I imagined it to be, and finally got around to create it.
(Also posted this on my Art blog for Illustration Friday.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebsie Fairholm said...

Oh wow! That's FANTASTIC!

That faery on the left looks soooo pleased with herself! It's brilliant.

October 07, 2006 4:25 pm  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Hi Salix tree, thanks for the comments.You can email me your address for the monarda seeds, as soon as i work out what is the seeds.The flower heads have dried up so i guess the seeds will be lurking in there.The email is on my profile.Great picture, you are talented.I love the idea of garden spirits, gnomes, and fairies.Mine is full of their magic.

October 07, 2006 8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great - thanks for sharing! It gave me a lovely smile.

October 12, 2006 10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home