Windywillow

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rainbow Sunflower

My sunflower has had some day today. First thing this morning, he was enjoying the early morning sunshine, backlighting his pretty head, as in the previous post. He had bees and insects visit all day, and after a spot of thunder and rain late in the day, he had a lovely rainbow appear over his head.

I'll be away for two weeks, visiting my Mom again. I hope to do Gardener's Bloom Day 2 days late, on the 17th, hope Carol won't mind. *wink*

5 Comments:

Blogger Katarina said...

How nice with a rainbow arching its way behind the sun flower! Enjoy your visit!
/Katarina

September 04, 2008 1:48 pm  
Blogger Cosmo said...

What a beautiful photo. I've just returned from Bergen, Norway, and I grew envious of the gentler climate many of you in Europe enjoy. Have a great visit with your Mom.

September 07, 2008 9:21 pm  
Blogger Matron said...

What a wonderful photo. I am envious because just when my sunflower was opening and getting most beautiful, a squirrel came overnight and bit off the head and carried it away!! grrrr

September 10, 2008 8:54 am  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

It's hard to capture rainbows. Where is the pot of gold?

October 18, 2008 4:30 am  
Anonymous Web Hosting Delhi said...

beautiful sunflower

March 31, 2009 10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home