Windywillow

Thursday, September 18, 2008

September Garden Bloggers Bloomday

I'm a couple days late posting my September blooms, I just got back home last night. I walked around the garden this foggy morning, and here are my best shots.
Above is a borage flower. My borage has been in bloom for a few months now in my vegetable garden.

One of my wallflowers has decided the weather is cool enough to bloom again, accompanied by a little snail.

Another snail crawls on a pink flower, transplanted from my Mom's garden. I've no idea what this flower is.

I like the web on this fuchsia. There are webs everywhere during late summer here, little spiders flying through the air on their silken threads, landing where the breeze takes them.

Blythe Spirit, still blooming.

Mirthfull, still looking lovely.

There are several more flowers out, I'll go out in a little while and take a few more photos when the fog lifts.
Visit Carol's May Dreams Gardens blog to see what's blooming in September all over the world.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

Welcome to bloom day again. Maybe we should make it bloom week?

Your pink flower looks like what we call Obedient Plant Physostegia virginiana. Look it up and see if that is it.

Thanks for joining in so faithfully,

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

September 18, 2008 4:25 pm  
Blogger Cosmo said...

Your photos and your blooms are so pretty. Early autumn is such a great time for roses--here where it's hot, they really suffer from bugs and mold in the summer--right now, they're at their best, even if there aren't as many blooms as in May & June. I've never had much luck with borage--do you know if it's heat sensitive?

September 18, 2008 9:56 pm  
Blogger Digital Flower Pictures said...

I agree with Carol, it is Obedient Plant (pronounced fy-so-STEEJ-ee-uh). We also call it False Dragonhead.

Obedient plant is a funny name for it as it is anything but that. It runs rampant here in Connecticut.

September 19, 2008 2:20 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Carol and DFP, Yes, it does look like the obedient plant, I think that's what it is. Growth by runners underground describes it perfectly. I've never tried twisting the flowers into a new position though.

Cosmo, I think borage rather likes warmer, sunnier and dryer weather than what we get in Ireland. Mine grows so rampant, seeding itself everywhere, it's almost a weed. I pull lots of it out. You might try some fresher seed, if you can get some strait off a plant.

September 19, 2008 6:44 am  
Blogger Katarina said...

Lovely flowers despite the fog - the shot with the spider's web is fantastic!
Katarina

September 19, 2008 7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the spider web on the fuchsia, a magical shot as are they all. The borage is especially nice and I also vote for the physotegia ID.

Frances at Fairegarden
new url
http://fairegarden.wordpress.com/

September 20, 2008 9:27 pm  
Blogger ICQB said...

The borage blue and purple and dewey pink is captivating.

Thanks for the lovely pictures.

ICQB

September 21, 2008 1:58 pm  
Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

Borage is such a beautiful color and shape. Ihad that in my garden for some time. It finally bowed out.

The yellow rose looks to have been dipped in sugar with the dew glistening on it.

Lovely blooms all.

September 23, 2008 11:34 am  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

What a gorgeous image; blond raspberries! I love that.

October 18, 2008 4:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home