Windywillow

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspired by trees

I have always loved trees. Maybe I was originally inspired by my name, Silvia, which means "of the forest" I used to love traipsing through the woods when I was a child, imagining I was some sort of forest creature. I loved the way the sunlight came through the trees in winking rays.

I'm still inspired to play with trees. Here a little kiwi toy enjoys a tree which grows "clouds"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Trees inspire my art. "Tree Harp" above (see the winking sunrays?) and "Pixie Tree" below.
My art blog has several works inspired by trees: Trees

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I used to enjoy playing Sims, and forests and trees featured in many of my Sims lives. I have put together several photos of Sims and their trees HERE

One of my stories involves an oak-tree spirit named Taranis. You can read this story at either of these sites:
"Taranis" on facebook
"
Taranis" on the Sims 2 website

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The home of my character, Salix, in Ultima Online, which I played many years ago. Where others made themselves homes with proper walls and roofs, I made Salix a forest of trees to live in.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I think I will always be that little girl who imagines herself a creature of the forest!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your secret hiding place :-)
& your kiwi in the cloud tree :-)

i have a yucca tree in my living room..had her since she was a tiny tot..now over 5 ft tall..my partner has a parrot sitting in her trunk:)

your whole post has me smiling..thank you:)

May 10, 2011 1:38 pm  
Anonymous Prediksi Bola said...

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.

January 07, 2014 7:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home