Windywillow

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Alien plants take over the garden!


Onion plants. They look like wierd alien plants to me, with thier clump of baby onions on top. This is my second year growing onions, so I'm a bit new at this. (I'm a bit new at any vegetable!) There is a smaller onion inbetween the alien things, that is growing seeds. Last year I planted seeds from my onion head, which are turning into nice looking onions. But the alien things? What do I do with those? I feel like they want to be planted maybe. I could try eating one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebsie Fairholm said...

I *think* those are Tree Onions ... they grow little bulbs on top of the stem instead of in the ground. They should certainly be edible ... but I've no idea what they're like!

July 26, 2006 12:46 pm  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

That is freaky, it does look like bulbs growing on the stem.Nice photo though.Tell us how they taste when you eat them.

July 27, 2006 12:21 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

You could have Egyptian Walking Onions. I have a blurb about them on my blog and my persoanl website, http://www.craftygardener.ca/index.html Scroll down and look for the onions.

June 12, 2007 1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home