Windywillow

Monday, July 10, 2006

My oak bonsai


I thought I would put in a few pics of my plants in pots. This is my oak tree,Taranis. He will be 10 years old this coming autumn. I recieved 3 seeds from a "tree parade" in Dublin 10 years ago, which I planted. I still have two little oak trees, the 3rd one I gave to a friend. I'm not sure where to plant him, I might just keep him as a bonsai. The other one is a little smaller, and not as nicely shaped, I might plant that one in the garden somewhere.

A sunflower "Autumn Time" sits at my back door, for me to admire. The first pic was 2 days ago. 2nd pic, this morning.
Bees seem to love it!! See, there's one buzzing around it when it's opened.
For some reason, this sunflower never got trasplanted to the garden, it's just been happily sitting there in a pot on the back stoop. I enjoy it there! Think I will grow another there again next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosa said...

Oooh, I love that sunflower!

July 14, 2006 4:03 am  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Thats amazing a bonsai oak tree.Do you trim it often to keep the size?how did you get the seeds to grow?the sunflower is nice, unusual compared to mine.

July 27, 2006 12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home