Windywillow

Thursday, July 13, 2006

What's in the meadow?

Woke up to see this lovely dark red poppy in the meadow this morning, had to go strait out in my pajamas to have a look.

Also in the meadow is a small patch of peppermint. I know it spreads, so I thought it would work well here. Funny, this meadow is home to a few vegetables as well, I have an old Christmas tree with beans growing up it, when the veg garden was flooding earlier this year, I put some of the seedlings here.

Acompanying me were a few cats. Here's Pippin amonst the bird's-foot trefoil.

Here's my neighbor's cat, Shed. She's hiding under a huge unknown plant, with fuzzy leaves. It's going to bloom soon, so maybe I can identify it. Very stately plant!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

Wonderful pictures! If I had seen that poppy out my window, I would have done the same.

As for the unknown plant, I think I have the same one (or at least, I have something that looks similar). It is very hard to dig up, but you're right - it sure makes a statement! If I can figure out what it is, I'll drop you a line.

You have a lovely blog! Thanks for linking to Arboreality. :)

July 14, 2006 7:22 pm  
Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

PS - I'm guessing you've already found it, but if not, check out Garden Voices here:

http://voices.gardenweb.com/

If you like, you can submit your site to them, and they can include you with the other garden blogs! You have such beautiful pictures, I'm sure others would love to see them!

July 14, 2006 7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home