Windywillow

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Disillusion


My roses are all being severely damaged by the rose-sawfly larvae. I have tried spraying with dishwash soap and water, but it doesn't work that well. So I have been going out daily and removing them by hand. The larvae only attack the leaves, but the bushes look very ragged now. The wild roses are faring the worst.

The sheep field has been turned into a construction site. The tractors have stirred up dirt and dust and weed seeds, and it's all flying into mine and my neighbor's gardens.
So I am thinking of planting a small stand of trees in the meadow, and making a new meadow in front of the trees. I am sad the sheep are gone, I loved hearing the "baaaaa" in many different voices every day.


My cabbages and turnips have all been attacked by aphids. I have sprayed a strong stream of water at them, removing a lot. But in one particular patch I removed all the plants, as the leaves were twisted and deformed.
Well.. it can only get better, can't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Hopefully it will get better.Would you plant tree's by your fence do you mean or on the other side?
Im sad that your roses are being ravaged.I have only had black spot and aphids this year..

August 08, 2006 12:25 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

My "meadow" is that clump of weeds at the end of the garden! Hehe...
I'm thinking of turning that little area, between my shed and the back fence into a mini woods, and then in front of the trees, a new "meadow". So the path would be running through the meadow.

August 08, 2006 8:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home