Windywillow

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Inside

Some flowers on windowsills..

Orange begonia cuttings, from my Mom's garden. I love the color of these.

Orchids, given to me by my neighbor from the old house, as a good bye gift. I was a bit afraid of taking care of this, I thought they were so fragile and needed special care. But it's blooming like crazy, even better now than when I first had it! And I don't do anything special, treat it like my other house plants.

My first hot pepper I ever grew! And my son took it !! ;-)
He wasn't going to be here for dinner for 2 weeks or so, and there were more peppers just turning red. He loves the hot ones. I'll have to ring him and see if it was hot enough.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Your orchids are just gorgeous, wow! And you even do not fertilise them? I just have one of which I removed off finished flowers amost one year ago. I hope it will rebloom one day.

October 16, 2006 7:48 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Anita, I use a few drops of Baby Bio in water for all my houseplants, more during summer, less in winter.
It started a new flower stalk about one year after the first blooms were gone, and those flowers lasted months. So maybe yours will bloom soon!

October 16, 2006 8:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so, so jealous of your orchid! I can't wait to bring some back into my "indoor garden." It looks lovely!

October 17, 2006 12:40 pm  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Hello Miss Salix,

you are also invited to my rose tea party over at my blog today! Hope to see you thre soon cos I have something to celebrate with all my blogging friends! x

October 18, 2006 3:37 pm  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

The orchid is beautiful, another plant type for my wish list.The beogonia's look fab too.You do have green fingers Salix tree.Hope you can work the magic on the monarda soon!

October 18, 2006 8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color of those orange begonia's too . . . they look good enough to eat!

October 25, 2006 12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home