Windywillow

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy surprises!

I came home last night from visiting my Mom. It was too dark to see the garden, besides.. I was much too busy chatting with hubby and kids. When I woke up this morning, I was greeted by many cheerful daffodils, and a very fuzzy willow treeling! The little tree actually took my breath away, it looked so beautiful in the early morning light.

Alas, I could not find where my family had put my camera, and only just an hour ago took these pics. Last time I was home, there were no daffs, and the willow had only just began to open its catkins.

6 Comments:

Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh it sure looks like spring now in your garden Silvia, it's beautiful!

March 02, 2007 10:08 am  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Wow - I used to grow the upright Pussy Willow, but this weeping form is quite striking, and the catkins are accessible. You had to drastically prune the standard type each year, or the fuzzy buds would be overhead.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

March 02, 2007 6:40 pm  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

I am vacationing in Florida U.S.A however I have left a terrible snow storm in Canada! You are lucky to have Spring already! We should see this in May if we are lucky! Come along to my bog and see Florida in Feb and of course now in March!:)NG

March 03, 2007 2:36 am  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What a wonderful welcome home you got from your garden!

BTW love your blogname. Soon I'll be posting about my Willow.

March 03, 2007 8:01 am  
Blogger Gotta Garden said...

Your daffodils are putting on a nice welcome! None here yet, but I'm hoping soon as they're blooming south of me. Just attended the Philadelphia Flower Show where the theme was Legends of Ireland!

Love those snowdrops below also!

March 09, 2007 4:38 am  
Blogger MariaJ said...

I have this willow tree too but I have to wait until late April before it opens its catkins! It looks lovely.

March 11, 2007 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home