Windywillow

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wet October Bloomday

Droplets of water cling to this Love-in-a-Mist, and it is truly in a mist today, with soft rain falling on all the flowers blooming today. As we say here, it's a soft day in Ireland, on the Garden Blogger's Bloomday for October.

The rain causes all my roses to hang their heads, so I need to do upshots of them. I like how the petals are almost see-through on my Marinette.

Nasturtiums still bloom all over the place, cheerful even in the rain.


Wet William Morris hangs his head even more today.
...drip drip...

And Dark Lady feels even darker today.

A lone pansy by the shed unfurls its first flower this autumn.

There are still several sweet peas clinging to their supports with their curly tendrils.

Verbena standing high above the nasturtiums.

Oregano has decided to bloom again.

Sedum, bright as usual in the cold mist.

The wild fuchsias still in bloom, they've been blooming for many months, and still going strong. There are still bees coming to visit them.

This geranium by my back door too has been in bloom all summer.

The wallflower that thinks it's spring.
See what's in bloom this October, all over the world, at Carol's
May Dreams Gardens.

9 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

It may be wet but your garden is also very pretty for GBBD. How wonderful to still have some sweet peas in flower, mine are gone now. I like the upshots of the roses as it makes a nice change of view.

Happy GBBD, Sylvia!

October 15, 2008 4:56 pm  
Blogger Katarina said...

You've got the lovely Minette! I wish I had that one. Your garden and your roses look great, despite all the rain.
Happy GBBDay!
/Katarina

October 15, 2008 9:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of your October blooms - Your geranium still has wonderful leaf colour.
I have not visited for a little while - and I love the picture you have at the top of your blog. A Really stunning shot
K

October 16, 2008 9:21 am  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

A truly wonderful wet Bloom Day post!
All the pretty little faces are forming an umberella!
I love the web that is spun on your
Header image!!
A Canadian Bloom Day gal.

October 16, 2008 7:47 pm  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

What a cool word for your weather, Silvia - a soft day! The roses still look lovely and so does the sweetpea.

I wonder why Bloglines didn't show a new post? Glad I came over to check for myself! Happy GBBD.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

October 18, 2008 1:53 am  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Silvia, the fragrance of your garden rises with the moon and the gentle rain. I always feel that we are both fey spirits. Take care.

October 18, 2008 4:25 am  
Blogger Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi from Nebraska, in the middle of the states! I took my pics in the rain, too, but it was on the 14th so I could post them the 15th, my first official GBBD. I just started blogging a couple weeks ago, and learned about the bloom day, so I found pics from September 14th and posted my own late bloom day pics from then. LOL

It's fun to see people's flowers from different parts of the world. I love your photos, especially the love in a mist. I finally got them to grow this year, some from seed, and some seedlings from a friend. They are hard to take pictures of! The light reflects off of them, and I have trouble getting them to focus. I sure love them, though. We grow some of the same flowers.

Sue

October 19, 2008 3:31 am  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

Beautiful, even in the rain. Your garden looks wonderful this time of year.

Thanks for joining in for bloom day.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

October 25, 2008 2:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nigella too. But what I have now in MD are two inch high seedlings that manage with snow and chill.

And, I also have Verbena on a stick.

January 13, 2009 2:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home