Windywillow

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Late Garden Bloggers Bloomday - April

Losing track of time... I thought the 15th was still a few days off, and here it's already the 18th! I completely missed Garden Bloggers Bloomday, so I'm posting a few days late.
These pink tulips just opened this morning, they're so beautiful. I don't know what they're called, they came in a cheap bag of mixed tulips.
*edit* Edelweiss Transplanted has identified this tulip as Angelique, and I think she is correct.

Pippin keeps me company while I take photos. The chives are ready to burst into bloom any day now.

Another shot of the pink tulip, Angelique. it looks like a water lily to me.

White daffodils, backlit by the early morning sun.

my three red tulips, backed by blue forget-me-nots.

An insect on a yellow daffodil, warming itself in the sun.

Oxalis.

Part of the front garden.

Tinkerbelle joins me here in the front.

A lot of the front garden is taken over in the springtime by my Mickey Mouse tulips. I've had these for years and years.

They seem to multiply a little bit each year.

There's even one growing in my veggie garden next to the thyme. How it got there, I've no idea.

A blue theme going on.

Some pretty yellow flowers with fancy leaves.

Yellow wallflowers.

That's it, sorry this is late. I would have posted this morning, except it was a beautiful sunny day, and I didn't want to waste it sitting in front of my computer. So I got a lot of gardening done, lots of weeding!

See what's blooming all over the world, visit Carol's blog for links to Garden Bloggers everywhere. Hope you all have a lovely weekend in the garden.

7 Comments:

Blogger RainGardener said...

You have beautiful flowers and I enjoyed looking at all of them. Your cats are cute too! I see they like posing for the camera. ;-)

April 19, 2009 1:43 am  
Blogger Sue said...

Your season is ahead of mine. My chives are not close to blooming. I'm glad you got your blooms posted. They are lovely!

April 19, 2009 2:59 am  
Blogger Red Studio said...

Your flowers and art are amazing. You are very talented.

April 21, 2009 5:23 am  
Anonymous Avis said...

Your photos and your garden are both lovely. And those look like two very happy cats! Happy blogging.

April 21, 2009 7:11 am  
Blogger kate smudges said...

The pink tulips are so pretty. Pippin looks happy to be wandering through the garden. Tinkerbelle found a perfect place to sit. I love the wallflowers. What lovely flowers are blooming in your garden today!!

April 22, 2009 7:23 pm  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

If you lived in Texas the reason for your surprise Micky Mouse tulip would be that a squirrel replanted it, Silvia - do you even have squirrels in Ireland? There's so much to learn about other gardens in other places!

Everything looks so fresh and perfect with the forget-me-nots woven in.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

April 27, 2009 6:31 pm  
Blogger Edelweiss Transplanted said...

I think those pink tulips are "Angelique", a favorite of a friend of mine.

Thanks for the beautiful photos -- I especially like the wallflowers, you never see those in the U.S.!

May 08, 2009 2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home