Windywillow

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Late Garden Bloggers Bloomday - April

Losing track of time... I thought the 15th was still a few days off, and here it's already the 18th! I completely missed Garden Bloggers Bloomday, so I'm posting a few days late.
These pink tulips just opened this morning, they're so beautiful. I don't know what they're called, they came in a cheap bag of mixed tulips.
*edit* Edelweiss Transplanted has identified this tulip as Angelique, and I think she is correct.

Pippin keeps me company while I take photos. The chives are ready to burst into bloom any day now.

Another shot of the pink tulip, Angelique. it looks like a water lily to me.

White daffodils, backlit by the early morning sun.

my three red tulips, backed by blue forget-me-nots.

An insect on a yellow daffodil, warming itself in the sun.

Oxalis.

Part of the front garden.

Tinkerbelle joins me here in the front.

A lot of the front garden is taken over in the springtime by my Mickey Mouse tulips. I've had these for years and years.

They seem to multiply a little bit each year.

There's even one growing in my veggie garden next to the thyme. How it got there, I've no idea.

A blue theme going on.

Some pretty yellow flowers with fancy leaves.

Yellow wallflowers.

That's it, sorry this is late. I would have posted this morning, except it was a beautiful sunny day, and I didn't want to waste it sitting in front of my computer. So I got a lot of gardening done, lots of weeding!

See what's blooming all over the world, visit Carol's blog for links to Garden Bloggers everywhere. Hope you all have a lovely weekend in the garden.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have beautiful flowers and I enjoyed looking at all of them. Your cats are cute too! I see they like posing for the camera. ;-)

April 19, 2009 1:43 am  
Blogger Corner Gardener Sue said...

Your season is ahead of mine. My chives are not close to blooming. I'm glad you got your blooms posted. They are lovely!

April 19, 2009 2:59 am  
Blogger red studio said...

Your flowers and art are amazing. You are very talented.

April 21, 2009 5:23 am  
Anonymous Avis said...

Your photos and your garden are both lovely. And those look like two very happy cats! Happy blogging.

April 21, 2009 7:11 am  
Blogger kate smudges said...

The pink tulips are so pretty. Pippin looks happy to be wandering through the garden. Tinkerbelle found a perfect place to sit. I love the wallflowers. What lovely flowers are blooming in your garden today!!

April 22, 2009 7:23 pm  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

If you lived in Texas the reason for your surprise Micky Mouse tulip would be that a squirrel replanted it, Silvia - do you even have squirrels in Ireland? There's so much to learn about other gardens in other places!

Everything looks so fresh and perfect with the forget-me-nots woven in.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

April 27, 2009 6:31 pm  
Blogger L'Artisan said...

I think those pink tulips are "Angelique", a favorite of a friend of mine.

Thanks for the beautiful photos -- I especially like the wallflowers, you never see those in the U.S.!

May 08, 2009 2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home