Windywillow

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden Bloggers Bloomday - July

There are so many flowers blooming, this is only a bit of it all:

Scintillation roses bloom alongside of my shed, just on the edge of the wilder area of my garden, "Peppermint Woods"

Scintillation againMirthful rose in the front garden

Wild fuchsia

Himalayan honeysuckle, it's become a giant shrub, filled with buzzing bees.

Malva in the front garden, a wren visiting on the wall. The only reason I knew the tiny bird was there, was because my cat was doing that "I see a bird" thing that cats do with their mouth. And the cheeky wren was teasing the cat.

Dianthus

Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle again

Cotton lavender

Evening primroseFeverfew and a lemon-scented geranium flower.

Feverfew

Campanula

Violas/pansies in the strawberry patch

Pansies form all over the garden.

My daughter, who lives in Dublin, has picked up gardening this year. She and her boyfriend planted seeds in all kinds of crazy containers. This is linaria from a wildflower seed mix.
It makes me happy to see my kids have the same kind of love affair with plants.

My shed, slowly being enveloped in nature.

Visit Carols' blog: May Dreams Gardens, where you'll find links to other people's flowers blooming in July all over the world.

8 Comments:

Blogger Katarina said...

It's nice when your kids start recognizing the joy of gardening - you must have 'planted some seeds'!
Katarina

July 14, 2009 7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

July 15, 2009 11:30 pm  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Absolutely lovely! I wish I had stopped to visit your garden when I was in Ireland last year!

July 28, 2009 2:41 am  
Anonymous Alexandra Zöbeli said...

Hello Silvia
I find my way in to your garden because I was looking for pictures from the Scintillation rose, which I consider to buy for my garden. What a lovely rose and what a lovely garden you've got. I love wild romantic gardens like yours.

Greetings from Switzerland
Alexandra

August 12, 2009 9:15 am  
Blogger Sigrun said...

Hi, du you remember me? Your shed is lovely, a part of the nature of the garden.

Sigrun

August 13, 2009 7:03 am  
Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

the flowers are simply lovely, but I think my favorite photo is the overgrown shed!

August 13, 2009 6:08 pm  
Blogger LostRoses said...

I'm sympathizing with the shed enveloped in nature, too! Happens to me all the time. Your garden is looking lovely, Salix. Like yours, my daughter also took up gardening in her small apartment, and once she bought a house, she really got going!

August 14, 2009 5:13 am  
Anonymous Agen Bola said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 10, 2014 11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home