Windywillow

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rainy Bloomday in August

It was a wet morning, so I put on my raingear and wellies, and had me a nice soft photoshoot. Here are my flowers blooming in wet Ireland.
.
Wild fuchsia, still buzzing with bees. They don't mind the rain.
.
One of my sweetpeas, from a mixed color seed pack.
.
Self-sown nasturtium
.
Sulking Impatiens
.
Heavenly scented honeysuckle
.
Campanula
.
I don't know what this is, but bees love it. Each flower spike looks like a curled up caterpillar.
.
Anemone (I took this photo yesterday)
.
A runner bean flower, against my purple plum tree.
.
Violas, self sown all over, and continuously blooming since early spring.
.

Not a flower, but very colorful. Moyesii rosehips
.
And lastly, some wildflowers in the potato patch.
Visit Carols' blog: May Dreams Gardens, where you'll find links to other people's flowers blooming in August all over the world.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Nell Jean said...

Oh, such pretties, some we grow in the wintertime here, like Violas. Some that don't like our heat and humidity, like wild fuchsia, just beautiful.

August 15, 2009 10:57 pm  
Anonymous Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

Lovely pictures - I wish I could smell the honeysuckle.

It was raining here in Wales too - we also had strong wind :(
K

August 16, 2009 1:32 am  
Blogger donna said...

Oh, I wish we'd have a wet morning here. Everything needs a good, long drink of rain water. Your August blooms look very content with being wet.

August 16, 2009 4:12 am  
Anonymous ricki - sprig to twig said...

I think your climate is normally very like ours in the Pacific NW, but we have seen very few raindrops this summer. I am as refreshed by your rain-soaked photos as your blossoms seem to be.
Thanks for sharing

August 19, 2009 12:01 am  
Blogger ICQB said...

I love the rosehips - they're such a lovely shape.

August 19, 2009 2:04 pm  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink honeysuckle? I want some!

I love the runner bean against the purple tree - great contrast.

August 20, 2009 3:28 am  
Blogger LostRoses said...

Silvia, are your "curled up caterpillars" monarda, otherwise known as Bee balm? That would sure explain the bees! Lovely, rainy garden.

August 23, 2009 5:49 am  
Blogger Arija said...

Your rain washed garden looks so lovely.

September 14, 2009 9:42 am  
Blogger L'Artisan said...

Gorgeous! If only we could grow flowers like that in this part of the world (and the climate gives women in your country their lovely complexions too).

September 15, 2009 2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home