Windywillow

Thursday, March 15, 2007

high fashion in the bogs!

After looking at Carol's and Yolanda's blog about fashionable footwear for the garden, I had to post this. I wear wellies, folded over because they are comfy that way. You could call me a muck-savage, sure. But it's very muddy here, and these boots are neccesary! It's high fashion out here in the bogs! ;-}
I was trying to take a pic of Tinkerbelle as she was weaving in and out of my legs, it's the only pic I have of my wellies at the moment. I'll take a better pic tommorro when it's light out and add it to this post, but this'll do for now.

16 March: Here we are! Wellies for wet days, some real comfy shoes for dryer days, and old sandals for warm days. Nothing flowery or pink. But I do like Carol's new green clogs! Well, someday when I have a few extra euros, maybe I'll get a pair. What do YOU wear for gardening! Post pics to Carol's May Dreams blog, and see what others wear as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

Those wellie look like they would really keep your feet and legs dry. And, yes, save up your euros and get some green clogs, you will love them! Thanks for rising to the challenge by showing us your gardening shows!

March 16, 2007 10:46 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Hi Silvia!

Hope your are doing fine, I have not been here for quite a while!

Oh, what elegant garden foot wear! ;-)))

BTW, you are more than welcome to visit my blog, I posted lots of panies and violets yesterday!

March 16, 2007 3:07 pm  
Blogger kate said...

I love your wellies pic with cat and some cool-looking leg wear peeking out the top of your boots.

I will have to rise to the challenge and snap some pics of my natty garden shoes.

Beautiful blog! I've added you to my fave 'dirt' links and will stop by often. Your bloom day pics are beautiful!

March 16, 2007 5:45 pm  
Blogger Sisah said...

Yes, that´s what I call footwear for gardening! I did not know it is possible to turn wellies inside out...

March 18, 2007 1:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I did call you a muck-savage, would that be name-calling? I think I would take it as a compliment, myself!

(So says the barefoot, heathen gardener--er, Blackswampgirl.) :D

March 22, 2007 2:27 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Heathen Gardener, if anyone would call me muck-savage, I'd probably smile. ;) Yes, I'm happy to be one!

March 22, 2007 7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your wellies! My rubber boots have flowers on the inside. They beg to be folded down.

May 19, 2007 1:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your wellies !! Great to see them turned down, the old style

June 12, 2021 1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home