Windywillow

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beech woods

There is something about a group of trees that draws me in amongst them.

"There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it." ~Minnie Aumonier

There's a quiet feeling of magic and ancientness.

"Alone with myself
The trees bend to caress me
The shade hugs my heart."
~Candy Polgar



"For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver." ~Martin Luther

This stand of beech trees is in the Kasteeltunien
Arcen, Netherlands. An extremely large and very beautiful garden.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Ahhh, I love trees!

July 16, 2008 6:15 pm  
Blogger ICQB said...

Thank you so much for sharing.

July 16, 2008 7:13 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

how wonderful! serene, and peaceful. thank you so much!

July 18, 2008 4:54 am  
Blogger Kelly Medina said...

Wow, that first picture looks like they are all in formation and I can even see some with faces. Those limbs look so long and reaching. Wonderful!

July 19, 2008 7:06 pm  
Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

Aren't beeches just so amazing? I love how they keep a little color in the woods over the winter when the young ones hold their leaves.

August 02, 2008 2:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home