Windywillow

Sunday, May 25, 2008

columbine and lupines

The first thing I see when I come home, just peeking over the front wall, are the lupinus arboreus, the tree lupines. I plant them there to hide the unsightly wall.

Columbine are also in bloom, self seeding themselves here and there. The older ones are very tall this year.


Although I have only pink ones seeding themselves, suddenly a purple-blue one has appeared. How lovely!

Lupines in the morning light, the tops of the flowers glowing in the early sunlight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie and Chris said...

I have never seen a tree lupine it is so pretty. I love the color.I also love columbine. I think we have the same color or I would send you seeds. I will watch mine if I have something different I will collect seeds for you.

May 25, 2008 12:37 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

wow, those a beautiful!

May 25, 2008 2:06 pm  
Blogger Frances, said...

Your tree lupine is a delightful sight indeed! What a welcome home.

Frances at Faire Garden

May 26, 2008 1:09 am  
Blogger Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

We can't grow any kind of Lupine here in the Midwest. Yours are quite stunning. Aren't Columbines wonderful? I have become a bit obsessed with them in recent years.

May 29, 2008 8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home