Windywillow

Monday, August 28, 2006

Two years later

I thought I would put up a pic of before and after. My "garden" 2 years ago in July was a big patch of dirt, and very poor soil at that. Two years later, a lot of grass and clover, and many small shrubs, vines and trees are spotted around the garden. I've been composting, and spreading that around to try inriching the soil. Not a lot of money to spend, you can see I have not finished painting the fence! But I'm happy with it so far. You can't see my veggie garden which is around the corner, and my 2 apple trees, just off to the left.

Here is my little vegetable garden before and after, taken from 2 opposite directions, as I didn't have a matching "before" photo. Well, the garden still needs a lot of work, but it's coming along slowly. And I'm enjoying watching it grow. That's Tas, our cat, posing by the parsley gone to seed.

5 Comments:

Blogger LostRoses said...

Wow, those are some before-and-after photos! You've put in a lot of work and I love the fence color, it complements everything. And I see kitty loves your garden too!

August 29, 2006 4:00 am  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Wow what a difference from brown to Irish green! But you still need some bigger plants, right? Well yeah I know plants are expensive, so step by step you'll getting there!

Btw Salix thanks a lot for looking up my whole blog and for your lovely comments :D

August 29, 2006 11:26 am  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Well Done Salix tree.The ground force team will sign you up.. seriously the garden is amazing compared to what you started with.I cant believe someone had dirt as a garden.It was like the Kalahari desert.Nice kitty pic..

August 29, 2006 10:56 pm  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

You've made great progress! It looks so green and welcoming now, compared to all the brown.

August 30, 2006 2:50 am  
Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

What a wonderful transformation! It must feel so good to have created so much green out of the earth!

September 01, 2006 5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home