Windywillow

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Smiling Violas

The violas keep on blooming, hot or cold, rain or shine. All year long..
These flowers bring me so much joy, I just love to look at them, study the watercolor designs, smile back at thier happy faces.

Some yellow ones appeared behind the pinks that have finished blooming. I think I like the whiskered violas best. Little stripes dashing out from the center, that gives them those cute little faces.


These dark purple ones look almost black! They have the smallest flowers of all my violas. They look like they are made of velvet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Hey!

Some beautiful pictures. I know nada about gardening but this is like my very own virtual garden! Keep up the hard work.

Hasta Luego!

August 22, 2006 10:55 am  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Hola!

Thanks for the link "hannas-tomato-tastings-2006". I look forward to checking back at your garden, hopefully the summer sun will hang around for a bit more. Give the tomatoes a go next year.

Em, I know we've just met and all, but I've tagged you on a Meme of 3. You know one of those chain letter things. I need more exposure! Anyways, questions are on my blog.

Hasta Luego.

August 22, 2006 9:53 pm  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Oh my gosh the dark purple ones are gorgeous.We are Viola philes.I think they have smiley faces, eyes, and make up.I knew i was not the only person who loved the many colours of violas...

August 26, 2006 10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home