Windywillow

Friday, August 11, 2006

Red Dragons and Nasturtiums

My asarina "Red Dragon" is blooming again. I have had these plants in a pot for many years, started from seeds. I bought the seed because I liked the name, I'm a fantasy fan, love dragons and faeries.

Salad fixings for noodle salad. From the garden is rocket, chives, nasturtium flowers, borage flowers, and an onion from the "alien" plants. The onion was surprisingly mild.

My striped nasturtiums turned out to have orangey-red flowers. And not as floriforous as other nasturtiums. The ones growing (more like taking over!) in my lettuce patch have so many flowers, it's obscuring the leaves!

2 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

I love the name too.Maybe i should try to make a fantasy garden in the front window border with mythical named plants.That dragon one is nice, love nasturtiums too, although my soil ones died of some fungal attack and the heat...

August 11, 2006 11:52 pm  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for visiting us at Petunia's garden. Now I've enjoyed a visit to your garden. Too bad about the sheep. Did you see the picture of the 2 at our house? We just lodge them, and they'll probably be sold soon. I will miss their voices too. But, then I can expand the tree row!

August 16, 2006 6:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home