Windywillow

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chicken Soirée


I found a recepie on Christa's blog yesterday, that sounded yummy. But when I went to make dinner, I decided to defrag my hard drive, and couldn't go and look up the recepie again. So I made my own version, trying to remember what I had read. Then, it didn't look like enough for my 20 year old kids appetites, I had to beef it up with red peppers and corn. I called it "Chicken Soirée" , because it's like a party of flavors. For the greens, I used whatever was looking good in the garden.
Here's the recepie, and thanks to Christa for the inspiration. I forgot about the olives, would have gone wonderfully with this!
*********************
olive oil
chicken pieces
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
small onion, chopped
red pepper, chopped
6-8 leaves sage
6-8 sprigs thyme (I used lemon thyme)
black pepper
1/4 lemon, chopped
can of chopped tomatoes, or fresh chopped tomatoes
corn
swiss chard
beet leaves
nasturtium leaves
**************************
1. heat the oil, and fry garlic, onion, chicken, and red pepper for a few minutes till chicken seems almost done.
2. add chopped herbs and black pepper.
3. add chopped lemon, including peel.
4 . add can of tomatoes, and maybe a bit of water to make it soupy looking
5. add corn (I used frozen)
6. cook about 15 minutes.
7. Add a handfull of fresh leaves of swiss chard, beet leaves, and nasturtium leaves, chopped. (but any green will do nicely)
8. cook another minute or two.
**************************
Serve over pasta! My family loved it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Looks wonderful! I am happy to be the inspiration. I like all the different ingredients you used in yours -- a great way to use some of the things from the garden. I will have to try your version sometime. I am glad you and your family enjoyed it.

August 25, 2006 1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home