Windywillow

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

At least the calendulas are colorful!

Lovely bright calendula, I'm happy you give me so much color!

I chose this little maple to grace our garden two years ago. It was then colored in oranges and yellows and reds. This year, it was feeling rather down, and dressed itself in browns. Not sure why this is, was it not sunny enough? Too cold? Too hot? Bad soil?

Even the big beech tree next door has mostly brown leaves, here caught by a giant nasturtium leaf.

Part of my indoor"garden" by the dining room glass doors. A few hot peppers still ripening. My schlumbergera just budding, which always blooms so nicely in November. Impatiens taken as cuttings from a garden in Holland.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Ah, calendula. One of my favorites for fall color. Your indoor garden looks pretty! What do you do to get your Christmas cactus to bloom?

November 02, 2006 1:15 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I don't do anything special, just treat it like all my houseplants. Water often in summer, less in winter, feed with baby-bio once a week in summer, less in winter. That's it.
And I touch my plants a lot, and say how pretty they look. Wierd, hm?

November 02, 2006 8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My calendula's are lovely like yours. I was thinking of sending you some seeds from my garden, but you have them already.
Would you like some more
. . . from my garden to yours?

November 04, 2006 2:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home