Windywillow

Friday, November 03, 2006

A frosty morning

It was a frosty morning yesterday and also today. But very warm during the day, I was outside yesterday in a sleeveless dress, and put my hot peppers in the sun against the house.

I finally named my orangy-red rose, "Mirthful". I could not identify it, so now she has a nice and happy name. Here she is dressed in lacy frost.

The weeds looked pretty as well, edged in sparkling white.

Graham Thomas rose dusted in frost.

The chamomile leaves looked especially pretty decorated in icy crystals. Later in the day, they straightened themselves up to soak up the warm sun.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh oh . . . your frosty garden is very very lovely.
Mirthful, is charming.

November 04, 2006 2:03 am  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Wanderful pics.Its very lion, witch and wardrobe.Winter (autumn?) wanderland.Im waiting for a decent frost to be able to photograph it.Your mirthful rose is a great colour.

November 05, 2006 12:06 am  
Blogger Rusty in Miami said...

I like that name for the rose. I have one I can't ID I will give her a name of my own. Thanks for the idea

November 05, 2006 12:47 am  
Blogger LostRoses said...

Those frost-rimed flowers are fabulous. Great photography!

November 05, 2006 5:25 am  
Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

Your frosty flowers are wonderful!

Sigrun

November 06, 2006 11:07 am  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Gawd! Your frosted roses and plants do look fatastic! :D

November 14, 2006 1:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home