Windywillow

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Butterflies

Butterflies and caterpillars in the garden.

There are dozens of these orange and black butterflies on the oregano patch.

These caterpillars on the nasturtiums will become whites with black spots.

My oregano and its butterflies.

I'm gone for 2 weeks, see you then. I am going to put up a Bloomday post on 20 Sept. I know it's a few days late, but I won't be home till the evening before, and I do enjoy posting the monthly flowers and seeing other's posts!
*waves*

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I hope you have a good time away - your oregano looks amazing with the butterflies. The William Morris roses are gorgeous. I am reading a book right now about William Morris and his gardens.

September 05, 2007 6:44 pm  
Blogger Matron said...

How wonderful, I love to see wildlife in my garden - except cabbage white butterflies.

September 06, 2007 8:53 am  
Blogger RUTH said...

Just catching up with your beautiful photographs. The roses are beautiful. I think your butterflies are Painted Ladies. Have a wonderful time while you're away :o)

September 13, 2007 7:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home