Windywillow

Friday, July 20, 2007

Fixing up the garden

The garden became a bit untidy while I was gone, even for my wild and chaotic standards! The grass was way too long, weeds and dead flower heads everywhere, lettuces completely dissapeared. Above are field poppies and borage taking over the raspberry patch. They can stay..

Had to clear out some long weed grass to find a viola leaning over the black mondo grass.

A self seeded viola, looking amazingly like a watercolor painting. Darn slugs found it first..

Daisies struggling through the geranium leaves to get sunlight.

Malva, very small, was buried under some weeds.

Dark Lady was all dead flowers refusing to drop on thier own, these opened up during the week after I cut all the old hips off.

The parsley was looking great.

And THIS is where all the lettuces went. There were several of these giant slugs all over. *shivers* .. I don't like slugs.. Where are all the slug-eating birds??

So I've weeded and planted out new little seedlings, which amazingly were still alive in their pots.. so hopefully in a couple weeks, all will look much nicer.
I'll have a chance to visit everyone's blog over the weekend, so see you then!

10 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

Gardening is a never ending chore..it's seems either the housework gets neglected or the gardening and when we do get around to either oh BOY it's like starting all over again!!Today was housework for me and this afternoon the garden!
Whew I'm exhausted...perhaps dancing with the butterflies might be a better plan!

I loved your mothers garden in previous post...so sweet she was feeding the blackbird!
Happy gardening do take time to dance with the butterflies!
hugs NG

July 20, 2007 4:53 pm  
Blogger kate said...

That is a huge slug ... it must have consumed a lot of lettuce.

I like the poppies and borage growing among the raspberries. Very pretty!

I'm glad you are back ... I imagine your garden is too.

July 21, 2007 8:01 pm  
Blogger ally said...

I have not had as much bug, slugs... in my garden this year...which is good I love garden hate...HATE bugs!
Every thing looks great!

Only the tattoo on my finger hurt...
Cheers,
ally

July 23, 2007 1:45 am  
Blogger ally said...

it should read
I love my garden!!!

July 23, 2007 1:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I have slugs in my garden too! those are the one thing not welcome!

July 23, 2007 4:59 pm  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

First your mum's garden and now your own. A gardener's job is never done, is it? But you've worked your magic on both gardens, so well done.

Ewwwwwwwwww, what a humongous slug! There should be a law against slugs of that size.

July 23, 2007 9:52 pm  
Blogger Tira said...

What pretty flowers.I just love that cute, charming yellow viola! Too dry here for slugs, thank goodness!

July 24, 2007 4:51 am  
Blogger Marie said...

Hei! Nice blogg! I am from Norway and my english is not good. Nice to "meet you". I hope you will visit me on my blogg. It`s a little of evrything, but mostly garden. By the way, I got plenty of those Slugs in my garden too.
Have a nice day.

July 25, 2007 12:54 am  
Anonymous replica louis vuitton bags said...

I love your garden!!!

November 17, 2011 4:32 pm  
Anonymous Agen Bola said...

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome Great work.

January 07, 2014 7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home