Windywillow

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August Bloomday

Bloomday for August is here. The weather has been mostly rainy and cold, what a miserable summer. My garden has less flowers than it probably should.. I didn't go out much to tend things due to the rain and very soggy ground.
So.. first we have the lovely Dark Lady on a rare sunshiney day.

Listen to the European Robin, press play!
There are a few robins that visit my garden, cheeky little birds! Tiny, but very tough little creatures.

Poppy, nigella, geranium, and evening primrose.

Nasturtiums are growing everywhere! I'm happy for that, they don't have a care in the world where they grow. I like to use the flowers in my salads and pasta dishes.

Impatiens looking like miniature roses.

A pelargonium from my Mom's garden, long ago.

The only sweet pea that grew for me this year.

Wild fuchsia, and Tinkerbelle

Honeysuckle is still looking wonderful

William Morris is starting a new flush of flowers

Malva, borage, rose-scented geranium, stock, and oregano

A couple of pale yellow hollyhocks have decided to grow in the front garden. No idea how they got here, but I'm loving them! I want lots more in different colors next summer!

Whites.. eschscholzia, feverfew, allysum, and chamomile

a few violas still looking cute

Welsh poppies (from seeds collected in the Welsh mountains), and verbena.

If you'd like to participate in the monthly Bloom Day, do up a post about all the flowers blooming on the 15th of each month, then visit May Dreams Gardens and leave a link.

12 Comments:

Blogger Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

What do you mean you have few flowers ?
There's lots on your blog, and each are pretty colorful and full and lush !

It's been fun to find your blog.
Enjoyed the entries.

happy bloom days

michelle

August 15, 2007 4:58 pm  
Blogger Robin's Nesting Place said...

You have lots of beautiful blooms. I've tried growing nasturtiums a few times and I couldn't get them to grow for me. They're supposed to be so easy to grow.

August 15, 2007 9:52 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

Hi there,

Great selection of plants and photo montages. I enjoy finding new gardens on GBBD - don't you?

Happy Gardening!

August 15, 2007 10:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great way to show all those flowers! Love nasturtiums!

August 15, 2007 11:48 pm  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

Salix Tree...your weather has been the exact opposite of mine this summer. Even though you haven't been able to get out into your garden, it hasn't stopped all the beautiful flowers. What a wonderful garden you must have!

Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day again.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

August 15, 2007 11:49 pm  
Blogger Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Wild fushia? I'm jealous, I love fushia and this is the first year I've been able to keep it going all summer. It looks like your garden is liking the wet weather, your flowers all look great!

August 16, 2007 2:11 am  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Your array of flowers is great, Silvia - but so many of them look like spring to us in Texas! We had cooler than usual, wet weather too, for a while, then back to hot and dry.
It looks like you've had enough sun for most of your plants to look good.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

August 16, 2007 11:28 pm  
Blogger LostRoses said...

That's what I was thinking too Silvia - springtime! I think you win! Loads of lovely flowers and your robin song is delightful. Our robins are not small at all and their song is nothing like yours. They only share the name and that's about it - except for the red breast!

August 17, 2007 4:33 am  
Blogger Digital Flower Pictures said...

I agree with Annie, this looks like a spring array of flowers. It is a nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

August 17, 2007 11:15 am  
Blogger Green thumb said...

Wonderful collage of colors and oh..so many lovely flowers! That is such an ingenious way of presenting your blooms.
I think the flowers look wonderful, besides, your description makes them appear appetising too! I'll have to try nasturtiums in my salad now.

August 17, 2007 12:01 pm  
Blogger RUTH said...

Oh what beautiful flowers; you have so much in bloom! I love your Nasturtiums; you can pickle the seeds and use as replacements for capers.

August 18, 2007 7:47 am  
Blogger Entangled said...

Echoing Apple's comment about wild fuchsia - fuchsias always fizzle in the summer heat here. I've had a little better luck with 'Gartenmeister' but the flowers just aren't as interesting. Your fuchsia is beautiful and so is Tinkerbelle.

August 20, 2007 11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home