Windywillow

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trees in St. Stephen's Green

I've been working on a little project involving St. Stephen's Green, a park in Dublin. I've been there a couple times recently to take photos. For the Festival of the Trees this month, I thought I would post some of these old trees in the park.

I love the vines climbing up some of these.
I used to work just up the street from this park, and spent many lunch hours sitting under the big trees.. daydreaming or reading, or napping!

August's festival host is Via Negativia

I will be hosting this festival for the month of November, a bit nervous I am! I might try a theme of spooky trees, and have the festival post up a day early, 31 Oct, Halloween! So start thinking about the spookiest trees you have seen.

For more info, see Festival of the Trees.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

I love big trees.

As for spooky trees, over here, they are selling "tree faces" to put on big trees to make them look like they have a face. That's kind of creepy!

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

July 26, 2007 2:53 am  
Blogger LostRoses said...

If I napped on my lunch hour I'd never make it back to work! But what a charming place to doze. Carol's right, we have many spooky faces for trees over here and they are creepy, just right for Halloween! I have a friendlier one myself. Tree Face

July 26, 2007 5:57 am  
Blogger Christa said...

I'll have to scope out some spooky trees around our neighborhood. I know the "tree faces" Carol and Lost Roses are referring to. They are creepy!

P.S. I have tagged you for a meme. Visit my blog today for the details, should you care to participate. Cheers!

July 26, 2007 12:22 pm  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos, I like to lunch in a park when there's one close enough.

August 02, 2007 12:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home