Windywillow

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Peppermint

The peppermint in my wild area has grown huge! It's just now starting to get flower buds, so this must be its final height. It's between 3 and 4 feet high. I never knew it would grow so big. And the scent is powerful and gorgeous! Had to take a pic of Smudge next to the mint to see the size relation.

To answer Snappy's question in my comments as to what I do with the mint..
I've been trying the mint in various dishes. I have made some nice pasta salads with a few chopped up leaves in, it seems to combine well with cheeses, tomatoes and cucumbers.
I did try it as a tea, but prefer the leaves dried first. But my drying method doesn't work. I air dry the leaves, and they are fine for a few days in a jar, then they begin to smell musty. So need to figure out a better drying method.

1 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Wish the Computer would have smells coming from it.I have a pot of Garden mint baby plants growing on the kitchen windowsill.I saw someone who used fresh mint leaves for a herbal tea.Do you use your peppermint for anything?
Smudge looks a cutey.I hope to move out to a house in next few months :)
Then I can Garden properly!

August 15, 2007 11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home