Windywillow

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trees withstand Hurricane Emma

Last week, early in March, Hurricane Emma passed us by while I was at my Mom's house in Holland. I have never heard such noisy weather before. The howling wind kept me awake during the night, accented by thunderstorms midway. Then the wind blew from the other direction, shrieking even louder against the windowpane.

This wind continued for some days, but not as severe, bending over trees and plants.

I finally got a chance to weed her garden, after missing my flight home, and having to stay a few days longer.

Missing my flight had nothing to do with the weather.. my brain was a bit muddled.. my cat had passed away the day before I was meant to go home. When my Mom left me off at the airport, I forgot my passport and mobile phone, left them in her car, and she drove off before I realized. And I couldn't travel without my passport. I just wasn't thinking, my mind was on my cat.. so I took the train back to her house, and I got to stay a few more days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frances, said...

We are so glad you got home safe and sound, but are so very sorry about your cat. Please accept our condolences. It does seem you were meant to stay with your mother longer.

Frances at Faire Garden

March 12, 2008 6:46 pm  
Blogger Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

So sorry about your cat - it's understandable that your mind was preoccupied.

March 12, 2008 10:08 pm  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Welcome to the Netherlands and the windy and often stormy weather we have!

I'm so sorry about your kitty, it is hard to lose a feline friend!

Take care.

March 13, 2008 4:55 pm  
Blogger The Diva said...

I am so sorry about your cat. No wonder you felt a bit muddled. Frankly, in the mid-part of my life (45) I stay a bit muddled. Glad you made it safely home and what a nice present for your mother. My children can weed for me anytime.~~Dee

March 14, 2008 1:10 pm  
Blogger nordwolke said...

Oh no! That sounds bad with the missed flight and your cat! Storm Emma was bad ...

March 16, 2008 9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home