Windywillow

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cheshire Cat welcomes spring

Yesterday evening, I went outside to get some herbs for dinner. And I saw the Cheshire Cat sitting in the beech tree, grinning at me. He's a long way from home, isn't he? I thought he looked especially happy, as it was a lovely warm spring day, and the evening was filled with the songs of blackbirds. In fact there was one in that tree just above the cat! I wonder if he knew. But the bird didn't seem to notice.


Down on the ground earlier in the day, the snowdrops were happily blooming in the bright sun, keeping me company as I weeded the strawberry patch they inhabit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirrel said...

Shots of the moon always seem mystical to me. I am always trying to capture what you have done here. I have to keep trying--you succeeded!

Snowdrops are always a welcome sight. I also love to see the crocus. seeing these flowers gives a little thrill.
Once a florist told me that she thought snowdrops and crocus flowers were "insipid" well I think only an insipid person could say something like that--!

there is room on earth for every bloom, and all are welcome sights and hold special meaning for someone!

February 11, 2008 4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheshire cats, blooming snowdrops, sounds like you have an enchanted yard, eh?

February 12, 2008 2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home