Windywillow

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April 2008

We have had lovely lovely weather for a couple of days now, hope it stays a while. Nice big fat clouds with lots of blue sky showing through. And warmish as well! Up till a few days ago, the weather has been so cold! Last year, my garden was way ahead of this year, I had many more flowers in bloom.
In my garden, there are many daffodils blooming.

The wallflowers are starting to fill in.

Euphorbia is still looking great in its unique alienish way.

Forget-me-nots are everywhere!

Daisies in the lawn, I mow around most of them.

A few hyacinths, wish I had more.

Primulas looking nice finally.. wonder what happened to all the slugs?

My tulips "Mickey Mouse" just beginning to open.

Mickeys in front of self seeded honesty.
I love the common names of some flowers.. forget-me-not, honesty, love-in-a-mist. So romantic.

Visit Carol's blog for April Bloom Day, see what's in flower all over the world!
To see some wildflowers in bloom, have a look at my post yesterday.
Have a lovely spring, all you gardeners! And do try to take Carol's advice in the garden: "be"

13 Comments:

Blogger Writer in Residence said...

Beauty as nature awakens from its long sleep.

A delight to view.

April 15, 2008 12:02 pm  
Blogger Frances, said...

Love all your spring flowers, wallflowers are among my most favorite with their wonderful scent. Your white honesty is sweet, we only have the mauve color, it looks good with Mickey Mouse!

April 15, 2008 12:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the richness of that magenta-colored wallflower is amazing. And congratulations on your beautiful primrose. Thanks for sharing your garden with us today!

April 15, 2008 1:28 pm  
Blogger Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I'm with Nan Ondra in admiring that Wallflower - what a great color. Your daffodils are also very pretty.

April 15, 2008 10:02 pm  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Bet the wallflower smells good, too - Silvia, but the flowers that caught my eye are your forget-me-nots and the white Honesty... mine were always a magenta-lavender color, same as Frances had. The white really shines.

Happy Blooming Day!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

April 15, 2008 11:37 pm  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

I really like the daisies in the lawn and the forget-me-nots. I also love just seeing what is blooming across the ocean, in a place we all consider a gardener's paradise.
Thanks for joining in for bloom day again.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

April 16, 2008 1:32 am  
Blogger Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Wonderful pictures.

Deb

April 16, 2008 3:01 am  
Blogger The Diva said...

Beautiful photos. Thank you and Happy GBBD!~~Dee

April 16, 2008 3:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers.Lovely photos
I adore wallflowers - the scent transports me to my childhood.
I like tulips as well - but mine are not out yet
Regards
Karen

April 16, 2008 9:48 am  
Blogger nordwolke said...

Lovely! My favourites are the Mickey Mouse Tulips.

April 17, 2008 9:23 am  
Blogger Katarina said...

Lovely spring flowers! Do you really have fewer slugs this year? I wish we could get rid of ours...
/Katarina

April 20, 2008 9:48 pm  
Blogger fiona said...

what a gorgeous splash of colour :-)

April 22, 2008 8:43 am  
Blogger nordwolke said...

We have been having mostly beautiful weather over here, too. Your flowers are all wonderful!

April 29, 2008 6:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home