Windywillow

Sunday, April 06, 2008

St. Stephen's Green

On Friday, I went into Dublin to have lunch with my daughter and son, to buy some seeds, and to see the magnolias in bloom. St. Stephen's Green is my favorite Dublin park, always filled with flowers and scents.

Coming through the arch, I see a field of daffodils waving in the breeze.

I sit and have an apple, watching the birds on the pond. I see mostly seagulls.. where are all the ducks? Later on, my son walked by here too, passed a couple of tourists who commented to each other that we had funny looking ducks here.

In the middle of the park, tulips bloom everywhere.

The scent of the hyacinths was heavenly!

The magnolia was in full bloom. Magnificent!

Along the perennial border, I noticed these pretty yellow flowers. I'm not familiar with them. Maybe dogtooth violet?

A few early cherries were already in bloom.

Even the horses were decorated with flowers.

As was my reflection in a flower shop!

10 Comments:

Blogger fiona said...

hello there.. I love your blog, and this is a great post!

glad to have found you via Daughter of the Soil, I'll be popping back :-)

April 06, 2008 9:43 am  
Blogger Laurie and Chris said...

That sure looks likea pretty place to visit. The magnolia are so pretty! I love spring flowers and the scent in the air! Thank you for sharing such pretty pictures.

April 06, 2008 2:04 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

you have a great blog! i just started my own flower blog. perhaps you'd like to drop by and offer me a tip or two? i love magnolias. they are really pretty, and they smell absolutely wonderful!

April 10, 2008 11:35 am  
Blogger FO - 2 said...

Beautiful pictures from Dublin! :)
The Magnolia is lovely.
I have been shooting some photos of tulips and white hyacinths in my garden today.
I will post them in a few days.
Nice to see you (in the reflection). I can see that you had a very good day. :)

April 10, 2008 4:25 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Love Dublin, visited for a weekend a few years ago. Great fun.

Would little yellow flower be a trout lily.....I have them in my garden. They are so pretty.

April 10, 2008 9:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank's for your comment on mondayartday .
Visit my blg
I abrace.

April 10, 2008 10:02 pm  
Blogger Esther Montgomery said...

I came here via Blotanical.

I'm new - so I'm pottering around looking at random blogs and dropping a note to say 'hello.

So - er - 'Hello'!

Esther Montgomery

ESTHER IN THE GARDEN

P.S. I used to visit Dublin quite often when I was younger. The greatest treat while there was to go to one of Bewley's coffee shops. (May have got the spelling wrong!)

I understand they have closed now.

Has anything replaced them?

(Can anything replace them!)

E.M.

April 10, 2008 10:30 pm  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I've never been to Dublin so this was a lovely treat. How nice to see so much in flower at the mo. Here we are enjoying some sunny days, hope you are too.

Have a lovely weekend!

April 11, 2008 9:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You and cheryl are both right on those yellow flowers... erythronium, aka dog's tooth voilet, aka trout lily. What a big healthy clump, though! Looks like they grow things beautifully in St. Stephen's Green. :)

April 14, 2008 1:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been told that Ireland and Tasmania (where I live) are quite similar in many ways, especially climate (although at different time of the year of course!) Your pictures remind me of our local botanical gardens and inspire me to get back into some gardening preparation while we're in the "off" months throughout Autumn and Winter, so that I can revisit the beauty of Spring in similarly lush foliage and rich, bold colours.

April 14, 2008 11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home