Windywillow

Friday, May 15, 2009

pastels, brights and whites

It's Garden Bloggers Bloomday in May. In my garden are an assortment of colors:
Pastels:

The three amigos.

The very first rose bud in my garden is on my Celestial.

Chives
................................................
Then there are the brights:
Poppies, oriental and welsh

Calendula

A tulip my husband calls "threadbare".

.........................
Whites:


flowers on the rowan tree

Strawberries

Woodruff

There are more flowers in bloom, but didn't get to taking thier photos today, but I'll post more later. Visit Carol's blog for more links to flowers blooming in May all over the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

These are all so beautiful. I have a threadbare in blue called "Blue Heron". Before it opens it looks like it should be destroyed it looks so sickly, but it opens into a beautiful swan.

May 16, 2009 5:26 pm  
Anonymous Frances said...

Hi Salix, they are all lovely. Threadbare is exquisite. :-)
Frances

May 18, 2009 9:46 pm  
Blogger Ginger said...

I love the threadbare tulip - if it wasn't too hot to grow tulips here, I would definitely grow that! It's so unique!

May 20, 2009 3:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home