Windywillow

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Crazy Things part 2

Continuing with the meme I found at Annie's "The Transplantable Rose" blog, (she got it from here.) Here are 2 more things that may not be crazy to me, maybe not to you, but here goes anyway...

I let things like turnips, radishes, parsley, rocket, etc. go to flower over the winter. I like the flowers.. and I get the plus of getting free seeds later on too. I even sometimes put the flowers in vases for the house.

I use old Christmas trees for my beans to scramble up, and have two more behind my shed.
That leaves one more crazy thing.. I am finding it hard to think of something totaly wacky, it all seems perfectly normal to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Errrm, I'm still waiting for the first crazy thing, so far I've only read very sensible things. :-)

I let some of my vegetables go to seed to and why not? A lot of them have beautiful flowers and as you say, you get free seeds for next year.

What a novel way to use christmas trees that have passed their sale by date a looooong time ago. This year I'll save mine too and give it a try next spring with the beans.

BTW So that's how your love for willows started? They are wonderful trees, aren't they?

April 19, 2007 9:34 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds perfectly normal to me, too! *grin*

April 20, 2007 3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home