Windywillow

Friday, April 20, 2007

Geraniums and Peppermint

Two of my geraniums have just opened up thier first flowers. The pink is a rose-scented, I always love the scent of this one's leaves as I brush past. The red is a cutting from my Mom's garden a few years ago. This one has some outrageously colored leaves, which become better looking as summer progresses.

Peppermint harvested from my Peppermint Woods. The first peppermint of the season. Smells so nice where it's growing, you can't help stepping on it, it's popping up everywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Salix Tree, I think you kept your rose geraniums in an inside window for winter, didn't you? Mine was on the patio when we had ice and cold weather. I thought it was dead, but now see small leaves coming from the roots. Yours looks large and healthy!

Annie

April 20, 2007 11:35 pm  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Hi Annie
Yes, I did have my geraniums inside all winter. The scented ones do quite well inside. But the bright-leaf one gets worse and worse towards the end of winter, only starting to pick up earlier this month.

April 21, 2007 7:20 am  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Your geraniums look good, they have more leaves already than mine.

It's nice to brush against certain plants and then have their lovely scent follow you around the garden.

What have you done with all that lovely peppermint?

April 22, 2007 9:04 am  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Hi Yolanda,

The peppermint is drying. I will use it for tea during the summer months, collecting and drying more during the season. I don't know why, but it tastes better dried as a tea.

April 22, 2007 9:46 am  
Blogger nordwolke said...

Those red leaves are so beautful. Never saw such a geranium before as far as I know!

April 22, 2007 10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home