Windywillow

Thursday, May 24, 2007

allium christophii ??? NOT!


Two of my three allium christophii bulbs are blooming amongst my mystery frilly bells. The severe winds we always get have caused them to lean sideways, nestling them in the bed of frilly bells. I really must think twice about getting tall stemed plants here, as they are always growing sideways. But they sure are beautiful.

*edit* Carol from Boxwood Cottage has corrected me. This is not Allium Christofii. It seems to be Purple Sensation.

Carol, thanks for setting me right. It was mislabeled! It was sold as Christophii! I have always wanted allium Christophii, because I have a son named Christopher.
I had a funny feeling when it bloomed that it didn't quite look right. What a dissapointment. Well, there's always next year, and besides, it's pretty anyway!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a few of these too and they add a POP to the garden. I want to plant more.
I know what you mean about wind though. She can be distructive.
She turned my potting bench over last winter!

May 24, 2007 2:31 pm  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Sylvia that is not a Christophii, because Christophii has wider and bigger more star like blooms, I have it growing in my garden so I'm sure about, it's not yet blooming but just opening and blooming soon. Yours could be Allium Purple Sensation or Giganteum, you should google it to compare the pictures!

May 27, 2007 10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home