Windywillow

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tree blossoms

My apple tree is blooming brightly.

And my little hawthorn is looking fantastic this year. Very bushy and healthy. It has flower buds for the very first time since I dug it out of a vacant lot as a tiny trash tree. It's like a stray that's been given a new home, now living in the fresh country air far away from Dublin. It's still quite small, but I think this will be a good year for growth. It's so beautiful, I love the little guy! Must think of a name for him.
*edit* I just thought of a perfect name. Harold. From "Harold and Maude". If anyone has never seen this film,try to see it. It's my all time favorite. Maude sees a street tree in the city, and she thinks it's in distress. So she and Harold come back later, dig it up, and bring it to the forest to plant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Brilliant name for your stray tree.

April 25, 2007 6:47 pm  
Blogger nordwolke said...

The apple tree blossoms look very pretty!!!

April 29, 2007 1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home