Windywillow

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Yellow flowers, Violet flowers

There seems to be a lot of yellows and violets in the garden at this time.
My tree-lupin is in glorious full bloom now.

Self seeded dame's rocket smelling sweetly.

This yellow flower, I don't know what it is, but it's pretty. It's nestled in with the geraniums. The leaves look like celery.
*edit* just saw this on Girl Gone Wildflowers, it's called
Zizia aptera.

Geranium Caffrum

Lupin again

Lavandula stoechas

and inside my shed, twining around an old bicycle is some sort of purple-flowered weed that grew up through the cracks in the floorboards.

A better picture of this weed, it's rather pretty.
This weed has been identified by Nickie
of Girl Gone Gardening/Wildflowers It's called vetch (vica sepium).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nickie said...

your 'weed' looks like vetch to me, which is a very improtant source of food for certain catapillers and butterflies, as well as food for pollinators and a nitrogen fixer into the soil :)


I love vetch!

June 02, 2007 9:26 pm  
Blogger LostRoses said...

Yellow and violet are a nice combination, don't you think? I love the weed poking through the cracks in the floorboard. I have a hole in my laundry room ceiling in the basement and I looked up the other day to see an ivy poking through. Ummm, have to do something about that!

June 03, 2007 8:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home