Windywillow

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Blythe Spirit opens, it's July!

This morning I saw the first Blythe Spirit rose open. One of my favorite roses, in my favorite flower color of yellow!

A pot by the back door, containing calendula, impatiens and night stock. It seems impossible to get a photo of both the calendula and stock open. As the day begins, the stock closes up. A bit later, the calendula opens up. And in the evening, the other way around. The night stock has a heavenly scent in the dark, I can smell it even when the doors are closed.

The Dark Lady opens another flower.

Geranium, feverfew and grass at the end of the garden path, and the entrance to Peppermint Woods.

Marinette. She struggles in the wind, her poor dainty stems are lying sideways in the front garden. I pulled this one up off the ground, propping it up on itself. I think next year, I will put some twiggy branches in for a prop.

A view of our house from the Peppermint Woods.

3 Comments:

Blogger LostRoses said...

I love the smell of stock but I'm afraid the heat has gotten to mine. Your plants look so healthy and pretty, and I love the view of your house!

July 02, 2007 6:49 am  
Blogger Dirty Fingernails said...

Lovely home and flowers. I agree with lostroses, such healthy plants, do you have lots of bugs and pest there in Ireland??

July 03, 2007 5:22 pm  
Anonymous replica louis vuitton bags said...

I could never explain why the tree was my favorite.

November 17, 2011 4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home