Windywillow

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mom's garden

Hi garden friends! I'm back from tidying Mom's garden...

Here's a close up of one of her amazing giant blush pink hydrangea flowers in her back garden.

The front garden ...before

...and after

Lace hydrangea

Her favorite plant, a blush pink hydrangea

Impatiens

Verbena

Dahlia

Feverfew, sort of double flowered. A mutant offspring of one of my seeds. Hoping to collect seed and grow this one in my garden.

Cosmos

My Mom feeds birds, and she likes this particular blackbird, who is very people-friendly. She calls him "My Little Birdie"

Bird's eye view of the front garden. She made me remove a lot of plants and shrubs she didn't like. I found some struggling seedlings under larger plants that I planted in the empty spots, including several sunflowers. So hopefully they will do well now.

10 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Your mum's garden is looking wonderful. I love the pink hydrangea and her selection of flowers.She is lucky that you came to help her out. All is looking well.

July 18, 2007 7:45 pm  
Blogger ally said...

The garden looks great! I can smell it from here in Canada!

July 19, 2007 5:29 pm  
Blogger Anita said...

Hi Silvia! Welcome back home, I am glad to see that you seem to have a great time at your mother's home! And you did a good job with her front garden!

Oh, I very much enjoyed looking at that pink hydrangea! The soft pink colour is just gorgeous! I have several smaller hydrangea's in pots but the two ones in the flower beed look much more healthier... So I just need to find the right spot for the potted ones, too.

Happy gardening and best wishes from Germany,
Anita

July 19, 2007 6:32 pm  
Blogger MrBrownThumb said...

Wow you sure have a lot of great colors in that little space. I love the little path in the middle.

July 20, 2007 7:28 am  
Blogger nordwolke said...

You did a good job! :)

July 20, 2007 12:40 pm  
Blogger Dirty Fingernails said...

I love Hydrangeas and I love the fact your moms are pink.. Mine are blue, so I enjoy a good pink one always.. Thanks for sharing.. It looks like you helped her out a bunch..

July 20, 2007 5:46 pm  
Blogger Jocelyn H. Chilvers said...

My favorite is the double fever few---I think you're really on to something there; definitely worth trying to propagate. Good luck!
Jocelyn

July 21, 2007 5:16 pm  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Excellent job Silvia! Hydrangeas are such wonderful plants and in the Netherlands you see them all over the place. :-)

July 23, 2007 9:50 pm  
Blogger LostRoses said...

You really cleaned up Mom's garden, what a good daughter you are! Glad you're back.

July 26, 2007 5:51 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great birds' eye view of the garden! It looks good, and I hope you both had a wonderful visit.

July 31, 2007 12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home