Windywillow

Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's a Flippin Day!

This is flippin great fun! It's International Rock Flipping Day! This rocks!

My first flip of the day revealed a big fat worm, some mystery insect (possibly an earwig?) and a woodlouse. Click on the photo, and look at the bottom slightly left of the rock hole, and there's the louse.
I might go out again in a little while and do a few more, right now it's raining and I need to do other stuff.. ;-)

**edit**
went out later in the day and flipped out!

Oooh! Slugs, my favorite creature in the world. So cute and cuddly.. NOT!
Did you actually believe me there?
Now I know where they hide out during the day!

I used to flip paper for a living, being an animator, almost as much fun as flipping rocks.. tee hee

The last one I flipped had a creepy crane fly under it, sleeping the day away. It flew over to the grass edging and sat there sulking. Hard to see, it's light brown in color, in pretty much the middle of the photo.

Join in! See Via Negativa's post for more info.

6 Comments:

Blogger RUTH said...

I love doing ythis on the beach when the tide is out. A whole new world under each rock. Thanks for yoyr visit and glad you've been enjoying Big Brother. I thought all the final contestants seemed nice and liked Ziggy too.

September 02, 2007 4:54 pm  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Thanks for reminding me, Silvia! After I read your post we went out to flip rocks, too.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

September 03, 2007 1:53 am  
Blogger LostRoses said...

This is so funny, Silvia! I guess I missed this international day, maybe next year!

September 03, 2007 6:16 am  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Flipping heck to those slugs! Brrrr

September 03, 2007 3:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopefully this will become an annual event.

September 05, 2007 12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

November 10, 2008 7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home