Windywillow

Monday, June 04, 2007

Doggie in the herbs

I've been reading a few blogs with stories of disrespect, like picking flowers from others gardens. I am reminded of last month. My daughter was filming a video in our back garden, and had hired volunteer extras. One couple came with thier little dog. During a break in the middle of the shoot, the lady dog owner took the pooch for a "walk" in my garden. She led him over to my herb bed, and let the little pup pee all over my herbs. There was the whole rest of the yard to let him tinkle in!! I didn't know what to do or say next, and dog and owner was called back to do the next scene.
Why in my veg garden???Here's the little poochie

6 Comments:

Blogger Tira said...

How totally unbelievable! On your herbs!? Guess your cooking is going to be bland for a couple weeks! Well, on the positive side, puppy pee is biodegradable, will be absorbed totally in a couple weeks and also much, much less harmful than pesticides and chemicals.

June 04, 2007 8:04 pm  
Blogger kate said...

Now that is just bad, bad manners. I suppose I'd be watering my herbs for a few days to get rid of the pee markings.

On the upside, at least it was one of those tiny dobs.

June 05, 2007 3:47 am  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

That's outrageously poor behavior.

June 05, 2007 6:53 am  
Blogger FO - 2 said...

Rude! Really bad manners. :(

I love all the pictures of your flowers. I think i can smell your herbs and the flowers across The North Sea... ;)
I am glad that you can enjoy the pictures on my blog. I usually write my posts in English as well. But not all of them.
Have a great day and enjoy summer. (:

June 05, 2007 8:38 am  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Ewwwwwww, dog pee on your herbs. Perhaps she didn't realise that it was your herb garden? Non gardeners do not always recognize a garden when they are in one. :-)

Cute doggy though!

June 05, 2007 1:29 pm  
Blogger LostRoses said...

Salix, I agree with Yolanda that the owner probably thought one plant was much like another and dogs pee outside, right? Unfortunate, but yeah, I'd be washing those plants!

June 06, 2007 3:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home